Event terms and conditions
ICAEW's terms and conditions for events are set out in full below. Terms and conditions of local group and society events may differ to those mentioned here. Please refer to your booking conditions for details.
Attending the event
It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to change the content and timing of the programme, the speakers, the date or the venue at any time prior to the event date.
Course papers/delegate pack
In most cases, electronic course papers will be circulated with joining instructions prior to the course. This documentation is made available only to those attending the event. Course papers and delegate packs are provided for the sole use of the delegate and may not be reproduced whether in whole or part, shared or distributed by any method whatsoever without prior permission of the copyright owner. External speakers alone are responsible for the content of their respective sessions.
It is the policy of ICAEW to give the fullest freedom to contributors/speakers to express their opinions. The opinions expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of ICAEW. ICAEW speakers will make every effort to ensure the validity and accuracy of the information they provide. If your booking is received less than seven days before the event, you may not get a copy of the course papers/delegate pack on the day.
When attending face-to-face training, ICAEW accepts no liability if a delegate is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption.
ICAEW makes every effort to negotiate free parking for delegates at venues outside of London. However, we reserve the right to use venues which may incur a car parking charge.
Filming and sound recording
ICAEW reserves the right to film, record or photograph any of the speakers at an event for post event purposes. Delegates are advised that this may result in incidental inclusion of delegates within any recording or photographs.
After the event
- At the close of your training a feedback link will be posted in the comments box. We ask that you please take a few minutes to complete this as it allows ICAEW to continue to improve and tailor future training and events more closely to your requirements.
Booking and cancellations
Booking and queries
Please book online at www.picaboum.com/events
If you have any problems or queries with your booking, please contact the team at email@example.com or on +44 (0)1908 248 159 (lines open Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00, Wednesday from 09:30).
Only the account holder can make amendments to a group booking.
Bookings are ‘subject to availability’ and therefore we cannot guarantee you a place on any event.
Booking confirmation will be sent to you immediately for all on-line bookings. If you have not received an email confirmation within 24 hours of making the on-line booking, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 1908 248 159.
Payment terms and discounts
Payment must be made at the time of booking unless specifically stated.
Credit/debit card payment can be made over the phone or via the website.
Cheque payments must be sent to ICAEW Finance, PO Box 6173, Milton Keynes, MK10 1TW. For details on cheque payable names please see your confirmation or invoice.
Requests for invoices can only be processed with a valid purchase order and are subject to prior approval.
Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or discounted rates. At the point of booking the discount offered applies to the person attending the course. Substitutes are welcome however, if they are not entitled to the discount, the appropriate additional charge will be incurred.
If you cannot attend an event, you can transfer your place to another individual. Places can be transferred at any time up to and including the day of the event. Please note an additional charge may be applicable if the new attendee is not entitled to the same rate.
Should the new attendee need to make any amendments to the booking, we will require the original attendant to confirm the changes.
A delegate place can be transferred to another event, if the request to us is received more than 21 days before the event. Please note, a 20% admin fee will be applicable if the delegate wishes to transfer to a different date within 21 days of the course date on which they are booked.
If ICAEW have to cancel the event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only. We will not refund the following;
- any travel or hotel costs associated with the cancellation of an event
- any fees relating to the joining of a Faculty or Community with respect to the event booking.
- 14 days or more before the event - 20% discretionary administration fee applicable
- Less than 14 days before the event - No refund (transfer to another individual only)
ICAEW accepts no liability if an event is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond our reasonable control resulting from an act of God, governmental regulation, fire, war, terrorist activity or civil commotion.
Non-attendance at Free of Charge Events
If you do not attend or cancel your booking within three days of a Free of Charge event a discretionary administration fee of £20 may be charged.
- The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- We will use your personal data to deliver your event services (webinars, conferences, training and dinners) incorporating; administration (pre, post and during the event), communications, invoicing & payment, delegate lists (we are unable to remove you from delegate lists once these have gone to print), post-event feedback, quality, research and voting.
- In order to meet our event obligations to you we may share relevant personal data with presenters, venues, trainers, organisers, print houses, finance partners, connected communities, faculties, committees, district societies and external delivery partners.
- For more information about our data protection policy please go to icaew.com/dataprotection